disable DCache on RTEMS SMP

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Apr 19 06:45:17 UTC 2024

Hello Stéphane,

the rtems_cache_disable_data() has no real use case. It is quite
difficult to implement and it is not unusual that its implementation is
broken. I think on RTEMS 6 it should work for this BSP. However, I am
not sure if the atomic operations work, if you disable the data cache.
Without atomic operations, you will have unpredictable behaviour in SMP
configurations.

You can statically place data in a non-cacheable area with a section
attribute:

#include <bsp/linker-symbols.h>

BSP_NOCACHE_SECTION char nocache[123];

Kind regards,