Introducing myself to the community

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijay at rtems.org
Fri May 3 19:59:15 UTC 2024

Hi Purva,

Congratulations and welcome aboard!

On Fri, May 3, 2024 at 4:10 AM Purva Yeshi <purvayeshi550 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I'm Purva Yeshi, a pre-final year Electronics and Telecommunication
> undergraduate from VJTI, Mumbai. I've decent exposure to working with
> Embedded systems and system software, especially Embedded C.
>
> I'm selected for the "Add BSP for Polarfire-based Beagle" project
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EFXrD_59smEoH-mLu6vkrc_5k2wb5hyzI16NUXWzI8k/edit>.
> It is a large 350-hour project. Primarily, the project's objective is to
> boot RTEMS on the board and run Hello World and ticker examples on the
> board. This project aims to create a BSP for the BeagleV-Fire board, which
> is based on RISC-V architecture and uses the Polarfire SoC.

It will be an interesting project and I am excited to see how it turns out.
I got a Beagle-V Fire board and I'll be tagging along with your progress.

During the summer, I hope to accomplish the following:

> • Successfully created a BSP for the BeagleV-Fire board, ensuring
> compatibility with the RISC-V architecture and Polarfire SoC.
>
> • Implement support for essential peripherals such as CPU cores,
> interrupt controller, timer, and UART, tailored specifically to the
> characteristics of the MPFS025T SoC.
>
> • Implement support for essential peripherals such as CPU cores,
> interrupt controller, timer, and UART, tailored specifically to the
> characteristics of the MPFS025T SoC.
>
> • Test the BSP thoroughly by running Hello World code and ticker examples
> on the BeagleV-Fire hardware.
>
> • Document the BSP comprehensively, including specifications, supported
> features, known issues, and clear instructions for building, installing,
> and utilizing the BSP.

We have discussed these steps before and they look reasonable to me. I
would appreciate any feedback or suggestions from the broader community
about the project.

I am excited to join the RTEMS Community and contribute to it. Grateful for
> the opportunit !

Looking forward to a "cool summer".

Best regards,
Vijay