change log for rtems (2010-06-15)

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Jun 17 07:53:40 UTC 2010

On 16/06/10 8:40 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> => rtems_rfs_fs_size is broken. The uint64_t cast is dysfunctional.

I attach a patch for HEAD and 4.10. Is this ok to apply ?

> 64bit filesystems are
> * non-applicable on machines without 64bit support.

I was referring to support for 64bit sized file systems and 64bit file
offsets not the target characteristics.

> * ineffective on many 16/32bit cpus.
> * ineffective in applications when filesystem sizes are guaranteed to be
> small.
> * a waste of resources on small systems.

I will leave this to our user to decide.

The RFS is not big in terms of code. RAM usage for buffering and caching
plus newlib buffers would be hard on RAM challenged hardware.

Chris