change log for rtems (2011-03-18)

Wed Apr 13 14:50:33 UTC 2011

On 04/13/2011 01:43 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what is the difference between _SMP_Processor_count and
> rtems_configuration_smp_maximum_processors?  Why do we need both?  In case we
> really need rtems_configuration_smp_maximum_processors, why is it not a part of
> Configuration?

rtems_configuration_smp_maximum_processors is the maximum possible in this
RTEMS application.

_SMP_Processor_count is the number actually available.

So you can have an app configured for 4 CPUs and run it on a 2 core system.

rtems_configuration_smp_maximum_processors could be part of the main
Configuration table.  That is worth considering.