change log for rtems (2011-08-29)

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Aug 31 07:48:59 UTC 2011

On 08/31/2011 09:27 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 08/31/2011 08:23 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> [...]
>> @Sebastian: Similar considerations apply to the
>> ARM_EABI __libc_init_array. In my understanding, CodeSourcery
>> implemented their
>> proprietary way to handle ctors/dtors into newlib, which now clashes
>> with RTEMS
>> __USE_INIT_FINI__ in GCC and RTEMS.
>
> The ARM EABI uses .init_array, .preinit_array, and .fini_array.

That's not my point. Section names etc. in this context are
implementation details we can change unless these are formally specified
by ABI specification documents.

My point is CodeSourcery having added a ctors/dtors handling to newlib
vs. RTEMS's ctors/dtors handling and us now struggling with these two
mechanisms.

Or differently: We should consolidate this.