change log for rtems (2011-02-24)

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Fri Feb 25 11:16:10 UTC 2011

On Feb 25, 2011, at 5:25 , Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>> The first issue is opinion.
> Well, it's obious to me that "code clarity" doesn't count for many people.

I don't think that applies to most of the readers of this list, so I'm not sure why you bring it up.

>> The second issue is a non-issue - the behavior is exactly the same with and without the extern.
> No - It is an issue.
>
> (Check for the btimer.h changes I committed a couple of weeks ago.)

I don't see the issue.  I see where you added the header file in places, putting the prototype in scope.  Adding "extern" to a function declaration in a header file with an existing prototype in scope doesn't do anything, in either C or C++, and I don't think it ever has.

> .
>> (and personally I don't like it, but that's not at issue)
> And I don't share this view and fail to understand why you and Chris are
> complaining.

I wanted to understand why you made the non-functional change.  I assumed it was a coding standard I didn't know about (and that I don't like, but that's beside the point), a coding standard I should know about if I'm changing any RTEMS headers.

I haven't see any complaint from Chris.

Peter