change log for rtems (2011-02-24)

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Fri Feb 25 19:08:21 UTC 2011

On Feb 25, 2011, at 1:02 , Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Do I have to emphasize what I think about this thread?

Ralf, you like "extern" in front of a function prototype in a header file.  There is absolutely no difference in the interface checking, in the warnings, in anything other than appearance and that you like it, made by sticking an "extern" in front of a function prototype in a header file.  PERIOD.

It does nothing to "bring me from 1989 up to 2011", and you're affecting too insulting a tone in this thread.

Requiring that all code compile properly with -Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition -Werror *will* do something.

I'm compiling my C code with these, some of which are probably redundant:
-Wall \
-Wcast-qual \
-Wimplicit-function-declaration \
-Wmissing-prototypes \