change log for rtems (2011-06-21)

Gedare Bloom gedare at gwmail.gwu.edu
Wed Jun 22 15:20:01 UTC 2011

I'm tending to agree with Sebastian about copy-paste, comment bloat,
and hiding 'important' things. This is another example of catering to
a tool's decision about what is good or not.  I don't see much
usefulness in things like:

+/** This macro defines an offset into the ISF for use in assembly. */
 #define ISF_STACK_FRAME_OFFSET 0x00
+/** This macro defines an offset into the ISF for use in assembly. */
 #define ISF_PSR_OFFSET         CPU_MINIMUM_STACK_FRAME_SIZE + 0x00
+/** This macro defines an offset into the ISF for use in assembly. */
 #define ISF_PC_OFFSET          CPU_MINIMUM_STACK_FRAME_SIZE + 0x04

When a single comment at the top would be sufficient to tell someone,
without all the copy-paste (especially such blatant copy-paste).

However, I also agree with Ralf, that if Joel (or anyone) wants to
document things, so be it. But I think such effort should focus on
increasing clarity rather than just removing doxygen warnings.