change log for rtems (2011-06-21)

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Wed Jun 22 16:14:41 UTC 2011

On Jun 22, 2011, at 11:20 , Gedare Bloom wrote:

> I'm tending to agree with Sebastian about copy-paste, comment bloat,
> and hiding 'important' things. This is another example of catering to
> a tool's decision about what is good or not.  I don't see much
> usefulness in things like:
>
> +/** This macro defines an offset into the ISF for use in assembly. */
> #define ISF_STACK_FRAME_OFFSET 0x00
> +/** This macro defines an offset into the ISF for use in assembly. */
> #define ISF_PSR_OFFSET         CPU_MINIMUM_STACK_FRAME_SIZE + 0x00
> +/** This macro defines an offset into the ISF for use in assembly. */
> #define ISF_PC_OFFSET          CPU_MINIMUM_STACK_FRAME_SIZE + 0x04

I wouldn't mind it if it were less intrusive.  You can usually come up with something useful to say, e.g.,

#define ISF_STACK_FRAME_OFFSET 0x00				/**< Interrupt Stack Frame's (ISF) offset */
#define ISF_PSR_OFFSET	CPU_MINIMUM_STACK_FRAME_SIZE + 0x00	/**< Offset to Processor State Register in ISF */
#define ISF_PC_OFFSET   CPU_MINIMUM_STACK_FRAME_SIZE + 0x04	/**< Offset to Program Counter in ISF */

Peter