RTEMS_BSPOPTS_SET (was Re: change log for rtems (2011-05-18))

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed May 18 06:28:11 UTC 2011

On 18/05/11 3:12 PM, rtems-vc at rtems.org wrote:

> +RTEMS_BSPOPTS_SET([CONFIGURE_MALLOC_BSP_SUPPORTS_SBRK], [*], [1])

This comment is not related to the patch rather is relates
RTEMS_BSPOPTS_SET. A quick scan of the source returns:

$ grep RTEMS_BSPOPTS_SET $(find c/src/lib/libbsp/ -name configure.ac) \
   | wc -l
      300
$ grep RTEMS_BSPOPTS_HELP $(find c/src/lib/libbsp/ -name configure.ac) \
   | wc -l
      224

These numbers surprised me. The Google search of "site:rtems.org
RTEMS_BSPOPTS_SET" returns 15 entries and none are documentation. I
think this needs to be addressed somehow and I am not sure how.

I do not build and test with any of these options and given the amount I
would find this difficult. I also wonder what combinations are tested
and if it is valid to test all combinations. I see some are simple 0/1
type options but others are more complex. I wonder what can be used on
the more complex ones ?

The help for the option added in this patch looks good enough to form
some type of documentation. I have not checked all the helps but if they
are made to be ok could these be scrapped and turned into a BSP specific
document.

Chris