BSD vs POSIX psignal

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Fri May 20 05:35:44 UTC 2011

On 05/20/2011 07:19 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 20/05/11 1:13 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> All others will be facing occasional build
>> errors, when things have changed incompatibly (Like in this case).
>
> And how do they know a change in the tools in needed ?
It's a rolling development branch ... breakages are to be expected.

>>> That is how can I tell I need to perform an update ?
>> No idea about what you are asking.
>
> I do not use yum and so do not know anything has changed.
Pardon, if this sounds rude, this is your decision and thus is your
problem, you have to cope with. You might not like it, but it's
impossible to support folks who have chosen to use closed source OSes.

Plain and simple truth is: They are on their own.

> When something
> breaks I have no idea what changed and why. Currently the only way I
> know a change happens is via a commit to contrib/crossrpms.

This is one way to getting to know about such changes. Another way is to
wait until you are facing breakdowns.

> I was just
> asking if there is some other way to know.
Are you asking for formal announcements?

In case of this upgrade, I even added hard configure checks to
configure, which will kill your builds to abort if your toolchain is
insufficient.