change log for rtems (2011-05-18)

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu May 19 03:49:51 UTC 2011

On 05/19/2011 12:39 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 19/05/11 12:12 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>
>> a) minimizing the impact of other parties changes (adding/removing files
>> to/from Make-variables) on Makefile.ams
>>

> Agreed.
>
>> I am nagged by other people's changes, which add/remove files to/from
>> Makefile.am and are causing cvs-conflicts.
>>

> I always use:
>
> something = \
> file1.c \
> file2.c \
> file3.c
>
> because it keeps things grouped.
The key to minimizing breakage is "one file per line".

I.e. apart of the last line (which will break when another party adds
something), your style is almost equivalent.

>> b) Making make-variables better "grep'able"
>
> Is this the reason for the "something += " ?
Yes. You now can "grep -R foo.h *" and will be answered by
blub/Makefile.am: include_rtems_rtems_HEADERS += bar/baz/foo.h

instead of
blub/Makefile.am:     foo.h \