Update to MAINTAINERS file

Wed Nov 9 14:12:34 UTC 2011

On 11/09/2011 02:52 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> taking into account the low number of people with write access to the
> repository and the commits per day I don't think the write after approval makes
> sense currently.

We have historically been very tight on giving out
write permission.  You went through a mostly informal
period of write after approval.  This is just
formalizing the practice.

My hope is that by formalizing the write after
approval permission and workflow, it gives us
a trial period for a new committer.  Right now,
you get turned on and take arrows in the back
until you learn you don't like the way they feel. :(

As anyone who has chatted with me offline recently
knows, I am contemplating what the longevity of
the RTEMS Project means.  This has a lot of
implications such as bad habits, using old tools
which are no longer best of breed, and not
being as welcoming as possible to new developers.

Think back on how it was when you were new.
Remember at least three things that sucked.
Now help us fix them. :)

    Support Available             (256) 722-9985