change log for rtems (2011-10-21)

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Sun Oct 23 11:29:28 UTC 2011

On 22/10/11 19:23, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 21/10/11 8:11 PM, rtems-vc at rtems.org wrote:
>> +#else /* ASM */
>> +
>> +    .macro    NIOS2_ASM_DISABLE_INTERRUPTS new_status, current_status
>> +    movhi    \new_status, %hiadj(_Nios2_ISR_Status_mask)
>> +    addi    \new_status, \new_status, %lo(_Nios2_ISR_Status_mask)
>> +    and    \new_status, \current_status, \new_status
>> +    ori    \new_status, \new_status, %lo(_Nios2_ISR_Status_bits)
>> +    wrctl    status, \new_status
>> +    .endm
>> +
>> +#endif /* ASM */
>
> What is this for and do we use it ?

It can be used to disable interrupts in assembler code.  It is used by
our not yet committed BSP which has support for the memory protection
unit (MPU) to protect the thread stacks.  It will take several weeks
until this is ready for integration into the CVS.  We need a couple of
changes in the Score.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6