change log for rtems (2011-10-07)

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Fri Oct 7 13:51:52 UTC 2011

On Oct 7, 2011, at 5:11 , rtems-vc at rtems.org wrote:

>              uint32_t R;
>              struct {
>                  uint32_t:5;
> -                uint32_t SIZE:3;
> -                uint32_t:1;
> +                uint32_t SIZE:4;
>                  uint32_t LAS:3;
>                  uint32_t:3;
>                  uint32_t MAS:1;

I think that's definitely wrong.  The MPC55xx structure starts out:

    struct FLASH_tag {
        union {                 /* Module Configuration Register */
            uint32_t R;
            struct {
                uint32_t:4;
                uint32_t SIZE:4;
                  uint32_t:1;
                uint32_t LAS:3;
                  uint32_t:3;
                uint32_t MAS:1;

so if it is compatible in any way then the reserved field of :5 needs be cut down to :4 instead of shifting the size bit to the right.

As I said when I reopened the bug, I think it's best to disable this file for the 567x and let someone with the chip reenable it when they can test it, and when they fix it they should conditionalize the switch statement to keep that warning intact for other systems.

Peter
Peter Dufault