[Project #3860]

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Fri Feb 28 16:33:35 UTC 2020

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 5:34 AM Christian Mauderer
<christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> Hello Anmol,
>
> On 28/02/2020 10:31, Anmol Mishra wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I was going through the list of potential projects for GSoC 2020, I love
> > working with automation tools and "Code Formatting and Style Check for
> > RTEMS score" looks exciting to me. I saw you edited the wiki and the
> > owner was not mentioned so pinging you for the same.
>
> I'm not sure whether we already assigned someone. But that is a topic
> that could be handled by multiple mentors. So your best bet is to ask on
> the list.
>
> > I have read the requirements and hurdles, I have a question that
> > 1. "Is there any tool/procedure currently being considered as an option?"
>
> Not as far as I'm concerned. You might want to have a look at the wiki.
> I think there have been some notes for code formatters a few years back.

I only know about
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Coding/Conventions#Tools

Additionally, there should be some git hooks for style
check/enforcement, but with the ability to override the hooks (e.g.,
if we need to break the style rules for some good exceptions).

> > 2. "What is the timeframe I should look in the mail archive like the
> > past 3 months?"
>
> That topic was created during a recent discussion regarding style
> checking for Python. It can only be a few weeks now. But there haven't
> been much details about it.

+1 should be quite recent discussion. I did a quick search to help you
out. Many of the key points are made in a good thread to read through
with subject: "Requirement Document generator tool" from December
through February.
https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2019-December/056455.html
https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2020-January/056706.html
https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2020-February/057057.html

and then another thread subject: "Tool Roadmap for the RTEMS
Pre-Qualification" has a superset of issues including Python
conventions:
https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2020-February/057246.html