Interested in working on ticket #2902, #4328, or #4334

Prateek Pardeshi prateekpardeshi9 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 16:07:10 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 at 17:23, Matthew Joyce <mfjoyce2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Prateek,
>
> From the new methods that were added to the latest draft version of the
POSIX standard back around April, you might want to look at posix_getdents,
sem_clockwait, and ppoll. Those ones are still waiting to be added.

> My blog post here (
https://mfjoyce2004.medium.com/adding-posix-apis-to-newlib-testing-with-rtems-280975508fb7)
hopefully might help you a little bit as you get started.

> Take care and reach out if you have any questions!

Thanks for sharing this, Matthew. I'll have a look at that once.

> Sincerely,
>
> Matt
>
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 7:06 PM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 10:34 AM Prateek Pardeshi
>> <prateekpardeshi9 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello Everyone,
>> >
>> > I doubt that my email went into spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.
>>
>> I have no idea. I know I have been swamped with work and personal
matters.

>> > Email link:
>> > https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2021-November/069853.html
>> >
>> > From now on, I'll be using *Gmail* for sending emails on this list.
>>
>> Mostly it is a matter of using text format. Some clients do not do well
>> with threaded discussions also.
>>
>> And now for the tickets:
>>
>> #2902 - Microblaze port
>>
>> I just closed this. The Microblaze port was recently merged. It has a
>> BSP for HW and Qemu. Network support for libbsd and lwip should be
>> close. libdl and libdebugger support are missing. libdl should be
approachable.

>> #4328 - New POSIX APIs from Issue 8 (2021/2022)
>>
>> Matthew Joyce worked on this list for GSoC 2021. I've cc'ed him for
>> suggestions on which APIs make sense to tackle next.
>>
>> #4334 - Replace Mongoose with Civetweb
>>
>> Is still an open project.  I'm not sure whether we would ultimately
>> want a "cloned and owned" snapshot of civitweb or if it would make
>> more sense to have an RSB package which could build it.
>>
>> It would be a change from the current usage pattern to have it
>> from RSB, but that is likely the better long term solution.
>>
>> --joel

Thank you Dr.Joel for updating me about the ticket status and their info.

The ticket "#4334 - Replace Mongoose with Civetweb" sounds interesting to
me and I would like to work forward on this ticket.

Thanking you,
Prateek