Tooling Needed to Build rtems-docs

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Jul 18 19:52:14 UTC 2023

Hi

I ran into an issue with the output from rtems-docs. I tracked it down to a
commit which moved up the minimum version of Sphinx required but didn't
change the waf check. I will get to fixing that. In the mean time, I built
a new VM for documentation but the README isn't much help on some of the
tooling. Here is the paragraph above very nice examples for a virtualenv
and installing sphinx.

"HTML builds directly with Sphinx, PDF requires a full Latex (texlive)
install,
and building a Single HTML page requires the 'inliner' tool. The
sphinxcontrib-bibtex extension is mandatory. PlantUML requires the Node.js
package called 'node-plantuml' which installs the 'puml' command and Ditaa
needs
the 'ditaa' command and package. Ditaa images are built using the 'puml'
command."

Texlive is easy to install although time consuming. That leaves inliner,
plantuml-node, and ditaa.

I found a way to install plantuml-node using Rocky 9's npm but it does not
include puml as claimed.

Help appreciated knowing more about how to obtain and install these odd
tools.

Thanks.

--joel