Outdated list of BSPs in rtems-tools/config

Karel Gardas karel at functional.vision
Thu Sep 14 20:15:15 UTC 2023

   Hello Thomas,

On 9/14/23 21:35, Thomas DOERFLER wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> just my two cents regarding eTPU: NXP has more or less left the PowerPC
> architecture and favor ARM for automotive applications.
>
> But the MPC5xxx controllers were developed in some sort of cooperation
> with ST microelectronics. And ST is still actively playing with this
> family. E.g. the SPC564 is still equipped with the eTPU. So the legend
> lives on ;-)

indeed, but even ST Micro probably plans to migrate their customers
slowly to their brand new ARM-based chips for automotive: Stellar 32-bit
Automotive MCUs [1]. Although I must add that "Longetivity" is extended
to 20 years for your mentioned SPC56x, whatever that means exactly...

Anyway, I'm afraid, sun is setting on PPC even in automotive business...

Cheers,
Karel

[1]:
https://www.st.com/en/automotive-microcontrollers/stellar-32-bit-automotive-mcus.html