Outdated list of BSPs in rtems-tools/config

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Fri Sep 15 19:36:47 UTC 2023

It will be difficult to replace how well the PowerPC motor controllers work for motor control when the canned, pre-written eTPU code do what you need.  It's a great  architecture, the DMA chain is well thought out.

There is a Bosch "GTM" Generic Timer IP module that is intended to replace the eTPU.  I'll look at that to see how close it comes to providing the clean support for motor control coupled to a general purpose processor that the eTPU / PowerPC has.

When I see "IP" in a "chip" description I get nervous - I assume Bosch is selling "IP" and the integration is up to the licensor. That said, ARM works well.