Clarification Regarding Initial Project Scope for "Add BSP for Polarfire based Beagle"

Purva Yeshi purvayeshi550 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 14:27:56 UTC 2024

Hello,

I'm reaching out to seek clarification regarding the initial scope of the
"Add BSP for Polarfire based Beagle" project that I've applied for.

As outlined in the project description, the primary aim is to create a BSP
for the Beagle-V Fire board. Therefore, one part of the project involves
developing support for essential components such as CPU cores (both E51 and
U54), interrupt controller (PLIC), timer (CLINT), and UART. If the
UART, CPU cores, interrupt controller and timer are already supported, I'm
considering modifications may be required for the *particular hardware* BSP.

Considering these requirements,  I'm seeking clarification on whether it
would be acceptable   to focus on running a "Hello World" code on the
Beagle-V Fire board at the initial stage. My plan is to prioritize the
implementation of support for the aforementioned components while keeping
Ethernet and U54 MMU support for future development.

Could you please provide guidance on whether running a "Hello World" code
initially aligns with the project's expectations? Additionally, I would
like to know if there is a high requirement to include support for Ethernet
and U54 MMU in the proposal, or if it could be considered as part of the
future scope.