Xilinx header files installed by BSP

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Mar 25 12:26:47 UTC 2024

Hello,

the BSPs for the Xilinx Zynq/ZynqMP/Versal platforms use code from
Xilinx. They also install some header files from Xilinx in the top-level
include directory of the BSP, for example:

sleep.h  xbasic_types.h  xil_assert.h  xil_cache.h  xil_exception.h
xil_io.h  xil_mem.h  xil_printf.h  xil_smc.h  xil_types.h  xparameters.h
  xpseudo_asm_gcc.h  xpseudo_asm.h  xreg_cortexa53.h  xstatus.h

This can lead to conflicts if I would like to build software from

https://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw

because now some header files are duplicated and available through
different include paths. Why do we install these header files? I think
they should be only used internally to build the BSP provided drivers.
The RTEMS drivers should expose their interfaces not through the Xilinx
header files.

Any objections to remove the installation of the Xilinx header files?

--
embedded brains GmbH & Co. KG
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de