R: sptest SP06 strange behaviour

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Mar 25 13:20:04 UTC 2020

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020, 8:06 AM Sebastian Huber <

> Hello Michele,
>
> I am not sure if the RTEMS 4.11 test suite works with an interrupt
> driven console driver. I would use the RTEMS master for new BSPs anyway.

You should use polled or the buffered test IO option. By using an interrupt
driven console, you are introducing more scheduling points than the test
was designed for.

FWIW I have never seen mass failures like yours from an interrupt driven
console. It is usually just a few oddities in output order. Maybe the M3 is
slow enough that things are skewed even versus the boards I remember from
the early 90s.

But switching to the master is always good advice for new BSPs

--joel