Release plan for RTEMS 4.11?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Apr 3 07:58:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

which open points do we have for RTEMS 4.11?  Do we have a time line?

 From my side there are some file system issues outstanding.

1. The lseek() mechanic should change.  We should get rid of the size field in
the rtems_libio_t structure.

2. We should remove the unused sem field in the rtems_libio_t structure.  This
reduces per file descriptor overhead by roughly 128 Bytes.

3. lseek() and ftruncate() should be made POSIX conform.

Regarding GCC 4.7 I am not sure if this is the right candidate for the RTEMS
4.11 release.  We tested mostly only on GCC 4.6.

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de