RFC: cpukit/libcompat Was Re: [rtems commit] PR1908: QoS library for CBS scheduler

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Apr 19 18:30:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

My question was buried by other inanities.

qreslib implements a fairly thin compatibility layer for part of a
Linux API of AQuoSA, so I don't think the rtems/ subdirectory is the
right place (not an RTEMS API). How does a libcompat subdirectory of
cpukit sound? I propose we add a libcompat which can include a
subdirectory itself for arbitrary API compatibility layers. For the qres
work it would be cpukit/libcompat/qres/ and probably just have the
qreslib.h file.

Comments?

-Gedare