Shared console I/O

Tue Apr 24 17:48:37 UTC 2012

Moving onto devel

On 4/24/2012 12:40 PM, Eric Norum wrote:
> O.K.  -- how about installing the prototypes into
>
> <RTEMS_ARCH>/<RTEMS_BSP>/lib/include/bsp/console-polled.h
>
> e.g. for the MicroBlaze gdbmbsim BSPL:
> microblaze-rtems4.11/gdbmbsim/lib/include/bsp/console-polled.h

That seems reasonable. If the BSP is using it, then installing it as
<bsp/console-polled.h> is all we can do right now. If you create it
in libbsp/shared, then please use Doxygen.

My general concern is the same one I have about a handful of BSP
.h files that are really private to the implementation but get installed.
This is like the recently added setvec.h, bootcard.h, console-private.h
and a few others. We have a place for them in the source tree but
they are not needed to be installed -- just available during build.

I don't have a general solution for that. :(

--joel