[rtems commit] PR1908: QoS library for CBS scheduler

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Apr 19 07:14:30 UTC 2012

On 04/16/2012 04:45 PM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 04/16/2012 04:41 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>>> * qreslib.inl is installed into $(includedir).
>>> >
>> Will see if qreslib.inl stays around or not.
>>

> Why do we have these *.inl files at all?

90% of still using *.inl is history, originating from times, when RTEMS
provided inline/ and macro/ implementations.

Since RTEMS abandoned the macro/ implementations, the only reason why
the files are still named *.inl and have not been renamed into *.h, was CVS.

That said, I am all for renaming all *.inl in to *.h.

Ralf