GCC Version Questions

Fri Apr 27 13:24:31 UTC 2012

On 04/26/2012 08:22 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 04/27/2012 02:16 AM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I noticed that the RPMs on my machine are
>> a mix of 4.6.3 and 4.7.0. Why are some
>> not at 4.7.0?
> ... because many do not build.
>
>> Assuming this is due to a bug in 4.7.0,
> No, it's not a single bug, it's several bugs.
And I asked specifically for a list of the bugs blocking
the upgrade.

>> what are the PRs for each still at 4.6.3?
> Check this list's archive. I had posted a list several weeks ago.
>
>> And why is arm-rtems NOT eabi yet?
> ?!?
>
> As mentioned several times before, with GCC-4.7.0, Upstream GCC
> abandoned all "arm" targets and now is only supporting "arm-*eabi*" target.
>
> I.e. arm-rtems4.11 _temporarily_ will have to stay with gcc-4.6.x and
> will be abandoned and be permanently replaced with arm-rtemseabi4.11 at
> some point in future.
This was bowing to you and was wrong. We should have switched
primary arm to eabi last year and had an arm-rtemself.

You bullied us and went against the advice of the gcc developers.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985