rtems-libbsd: M68K linkcmds Patches Galore

Kevin Polulak kpolulak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 19:58:52 UTC 2012

So here's the patches I mentioned earlier at this morning's IRC meeting.
This is everything for av5282, csb360, gen68302, gen68360, genmcf548x and I
was able to quick squeeze in idp and mcf5206elite as well.

Since the diff output doesn't make it easy to figure out what's going on,
here's what I did: I added an .robsdsets section in each file, included the
relevant etext and friends symbols at the end, and stuck in the relevent
memory block. I also did some serious clean up in each file since they were
horribly cryptic and just flat out unmaintainable. Besides making things
more consistent and easier to manage, picking apart the files like that
makes it easier for me to identify redundancies and common parts that can
be refactored into linkcmds.rortems and linkcmds.rwrtems.

Now that I'm kinda in the groove and have stared at these files for a
while, I'm starting to think that maybe it's easier for me to just make the
.robsdsets linkcmds.base file now instead of after each BSP has been
tested. My reasoning before was that I wasn't sure if there would be other
changes needed for it to link and I was worried that trying to do too many
things at once would just complicate things (RTEMS still kinda intimidates
me). However, cleaning these files up and adding .robsdsets is pretty
formulaic and straightforward.

I had planned on just putting it in libbsp/shared but I'm not sure how I
would reference it from within each linkcmds file. Do I just
`INCLUDE(../../shared/linkcmds.base)` or do I need to fiddle with some
Makefile black magic? I'm putting my money on the later. :\

--
- Kevin Polulak (soh_cah_toa)
- http://cybercrud.net