Git Cleanup and Unfreezing

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Mon Aug 6 17:07:45 UTC 2012

Hi,

Am 06.08.2012 19:00, schrieb Ralf Corsepius:
> On 08/06/2012 06:37 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> The general consensus has been to remove the generated
>> files from the repo.
>
> Whose decision? Please give the each individual's names.

I have clearly voted to revert the commits in question, since the
rational behind adding the generated files to GIT is questionable to me
and needs discussion (which did not yet occur).

Thomas Doerfler.

>> I am about to do a backup of the repo and Gedare has offered
>> to do the git work. I really appreciate him offering to do this
>> as OAR is in the middle of an office update which includes
>> new paint and carpet.  Getting things cleared out to be ready
>> has been very disruptive the past two weeks.
>>
>> Hopefully controversial patches will
>
> I am not willing to tolerate this step - A step I consider to be
> technically silly and driven by lack of expertise and understanding of
> the this "consensing annonymous crowd".
>
> Expect me to take radical consquences to in protect to your actions.

What does this exactly mean? My limited English interprets this as
hostile, which I do not expect in this community.

Thomas.

> Ralf

embedded brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler