USB Driver Data Structures

Wed Aug 15 21:29:06 UTC 2012

On 08/15/2012 05:18 AM, SAeeD wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm to develop device driver for the USB port of Mini2440 but as I
> searched the entire source folder and documents about USB device
> driver, I found nothing.
> In the BSP_howto document various drivers are discussed but not USB
> driver. I wonder is there any arrangement in the structure of
> operating system to support developing USB device driver for a BSP?
> And is there any document to explain it?
I guess Sebastian didn't see this or is on holiday already.

The current USB support is a port of the FreeBSD USB stack
and is in the rtems-libbsd tree.  Sebastian did the work on it
and I actually have not run the USB stack. But I can provide
some details from what I know from porting the TCP/IP stack.

+ includes EHCI and OHCI generic support
+ has lpc24xx, lpc32xx, and mpc83xx specific support
+ working support for USB mass storage
+ one test for USB

I don't think there is an example program to show how to use
the USB mass storage.

When you check out rtems-libbsd from git, you will see an
AsciiDoc file (libbsd.txt) in the top directory.  It is the documentation
as it exists today.

The TCP/IP stack portion of rtems-libbsd is still being worked
through and debugged.

Getting someone to dig into the USB and help shake the documentation
out would be appreciated.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985