New test case compilation

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Mon Aug 20 17:44:12 UTC 2012

On 08/20/2012 07:29 PM, Krzysztof Mięsowicz wrote:
> Thanks for reply,
>
> I run bootstrap, and then reconfigure and make it all. I also run
> do_coverage script and finally it performed analysis, my test also was
> running. I see that do_coverage also generated coverage files *exe.cov
> but what seems strange it didn't generate html files. I got an error:
> File: /home/rtems/rtems-4.11-work/pc386-tests/rtems.syms, Line 364:
> Duplicate symbol: _Thread_Enable_dispatch
> ERROR==> Different lengths for the symbol _Thread_Enable_dispatch
> Because of that it didn't generate appropriate txt and html files.
> Have you ever face that situation?

"Different lengths for the symbol" means there are two, different
colliding symbols somewhere inside of *.o's. They usually happens due to
duplicate definitions of a symbol.

In C, this normally only happen with improperly implemented or missing
declarations of symbols, in asm there are many other possibilities for
causes.

Ralf