Rtems graphics toolkit project packing/integration

Pavel Pisa ppisa4lists at pikron.com
Wed Aug 22 15:06:02 UTC 2012

Hello Alex and others,

in addition to the integration of the wok into GIT repos
on rtems.org, I suggest to prepare tar-ball of rtems-graphics-toolkit
including nxlib and microwin of the tested versions.

The release tar-ball should be prepared for regular user to run

  RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/opt/rtems4.11/i386-rtems4.11/pc686/ \
  do_it -A

and obtain the results.

The question is the naming/version the tar-ball.
May it be

  rtems-graphics-toolkit-2012-1.tar.gz

the release in year, is reasonable scheme.
Or ve can use something like 0.2, or 2012-08-20 etc
but that looks more like snapshot. 2012-1 or 2012.1
like U-Boot or Ubuntu has more sense as release number
N in the year.

As for the integration in the GITs, I think that Cirrus driver
should go to RTEMS git as two patches generated by git format-patch.
The first to add fb_cirrus.c and second to add a way to include
driver in build by selecting source according to some make variable.

rtems-graphics-toolkit, microwin, nxlib should be pulled,
may it be history could be squashes a little and version
with object files included skipped. Again, git format-patch
or git rebase -i are the friends.

My patch for PC QEMU graphic selection for sim-scripts
in rtems-testing is pending from June as well
and would worth to be integrated

pc386.in - allow graphic display emulation with qemu

Please, can somebody with RTEMS GITs write access save the
message as MBOX and run git am on it? Thanks.

I can help with other patches integration and/or filterring/cleanup
if we go through git am. But I am available only till Friday midday.

I should return on September 9.

Best wishes,

               Pavel