autoconf 2.69 is giving me a hard time

Claas Ziemke der_stuttgarter_25 at hotmail.de
Wed Aug 22 17:07:10 UTC 2012

> Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 18:56:07 +0200
> From: ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
> To: der_stuttgarter_25 at hotmail.de
> CC: rtems-devel at rtems.org; rtems-gsoc at rtems.org
> Subject: Re: autoconf 2.69 is giving me a hard time
>
> On 08/22/2012 06:36 PM, Claas Ziemke wrote:
> > hi everybody,
> >
> > i have a little problem here... the master branch of rtems moved on to
> > autoconf 2.69 which means i can only build rtems after i rebuild the whole
> > toolchain.
>
> How that? You must be doing something wrong.

ok, then i missread the documentation

>  >  and that is only a couple of days before deadline.
>
> autoconf-2.69 was released ca. 1/2 year ago and had been required by

it was released by upstream 1/2 year ago, but i dont know any linux distribution shipping it already. 2.68 is shipped with any major distro, also with gentoo which i a m using, so i wasnt aware of any rtems-autconf at all...

> rtems master for several months.

yes, but not in the github rtems fork which was required to use for the gsoc project, in the github fork it only turned up since it was updated a few days ago.

> > i have rebased my code as requested but now i have NO means of testing
> > it...
>
> > any advice? i briefly read about how to rebuild the toolchain, but that

still... any advice? shall i just rebuild the toolSET?

> > seems quite complicated to do on the last few days...
>
> RTEMS requiring autoconf-2.69 is not connected to the toolchain at all.

yes ok... its NOT the toolchain, i ment toolSET sorry for the confusion...  but i cant bootstrap anymore which is.... not ideal...

> Ralf

greetz, claas