autoconf 2.69 is giving me a hard time

Kevin Polulak kpolulak at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 00:19:09 UTC 2012

On 8/22/2012 12:36 PM, Claas Ziemke wrote:
> i have a little problem here... the master branch of rtems moved on to
> autoconf 2.69 which means i can only build rtems after i rebuild the whole
> toolchain. and that is only a couple of days before deadline.

Yeah, your GitHub fork is probably out of sync with git.rtems.org. Let
me guess, your origin fetch URL is git.rtems.org/rtems.git but the
origin push URL is your github.com/class/rtems.git remote repo? I've had
that bite me in the ass several times. ;)

If you're using the CentOS image, just update all your packages with
PackageKit (gpk-application) or YUM. I think all you really need is the
rtems-4.11-autoconf and rtems-4.11-automake packages and maybe the
libtool package too. I just updated everything anyway for good measure
and the plethora of error message disappeared.

I brought up the exact same thing a while ago and I'm pretty sure Joel
said he's working on updating the CentOS image so that Autoconf doesn't
kick anybody out from under their feet anymore.

--
- Kevin Polulak (soh_cah_toa)
- http://cybercrud.net