libi2c low-level implementation question again

Claas Ziemke der_stuttgarter_25 at hotmail.de
Tue Dec 11 10:16:08 UTC 2012

hi all,

sorry for spamming all the lists with this, but since nobody answered on my first try i have to repost this.
if nobody wants to take this one, please point me to the right documentation or the right people to ask directly.

i am currently working on the implementation of the low-level driver for the beagleboard/omap35xx i2c drivers.

i see that in the libi2c there are 5 hooks defined:

const rtems_libi2c_bus_ops_t beagle_i2c_ops = {
  .init = beagle_i2c_init,
  .send_start = beagle_i2c_send_start,
  .send_stop = beagle_i2c_send_stop,
  .send_addr = beagle_i2c_send_addr,
  .read_bytes = beagle_i2c_read,
  .write_bytes = beagle_i2c_write,
  .ioctl = beagle_i2c_ioctl
};

my question is:

are the send_start, send_addr and send_stop functions supposed to actually _send_ the according signals to the bus when called?
or are they just preparing the device and the actual sending takes place in the read/write functions?

i have some difficulties generating the former behaviour on the beagleboard hardware.

thx for the great help so far, i am recently making really good progress, the interrupt handling is working now and i only have to
implement the i2c drivers and the clockdriver which i hope to do till xmas, so that u get a new BSP for RTEMS as a little xmas
present finally...

greetz,

claas