git summary messages

Thu Feb 23 14:32:54 UTC 2012

On 02/23/2012 01:49 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 02/23/2012 04:36 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> On 02/22/2012 07:09 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>> Please use proper git summary messages.
>>>
>>> Using the first line of ChangeLog with just a date
>>> and author for the git summary is absolute rubbish
>> Well, you view. IMO, depending on a VCS's internal implementation details is
>> absulte rubbish.
> Why use a VCS at all?

Ralf.. you are trolling.

You are not stupid and you know exactly what you are doing and
why putting the date/name line from a ChangeLog format entry
as the git summary is wrong.  You maintained the build system
in your own git repository since 2006 according to the history here:

http://git.rtems.org/rtems-buildsys/log/?ofs=1050

You managed to have summary lines there for 6 years there.
I believe you did this to make a public point.

Don't bother replying.  It is Lent -- use these 40 days to learn
to become a team player.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985