problem of unlimited pthread test

Ashi ashi08104 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 13:10:45 UTC 2012

Hi, all.
I'm working on a test which tests POSIX key value under unlimited pthread
condition. My idea is create pthread in the init thread and set the
thread's key data one by one until workspace ram is exhausted.
I added #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_THREADS
rtems_resource_unlimited(10) to my test by following the section "23.3.11
Sizing the RTEMS RAM Workspace" in RTEMS c user's guide. However, when I
try to create thread more than 9, pthread_create() returns EAGAIN. How can
I create thread until workspace ram is exhausted. I've test my code when
rtems_resource_unlimited(300), in which I can create 299 threads. Then I
think 9 thread is far to exhaust workspace in my test environment(the sparc
target).

--
Best wishes!
Zhongwei Yao