ANN: rtems-4.11-automake upgraded to automake-1.12.2

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Jul 18 16:08:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've just upgraded rtems4.11's automake rpms to automake-1.12.2.

The sources (no patches required) can either be found in
http://git.rtems.org/rtems-crossrpms.git
or
ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/SOURCES/4.11/

Notes:
- This is a major update to automake-1.11.x and so far has not seen much
"exposure to the wild"

- In general, automake-1.12.x is known to be slighly backward
incompatible to its predecessors and to be carrying a risk of breaking
things. However, so far, no such cases affecting RTEMS are known.

Please upgrade and test this with the RTEMS source tree.

  Shouldn't issues be reported, I plan to make this version mandatory
rather soon and to *add to git* the files generated by this version of
automake into git in near future.

Ralf