libbsd status - uma help desired

Wed Jul 18 21:13:28 UTC 2012

Hi

After some struggles and temporarily disabling IPV6 so we
can focus on just IPV4, Jennifer and I now have it so anyone
can easily help.

+ Check out rtems-libbsd from git
+ Apply disable_ipv6.diff
+ Use the mips/jmr3904 BSP. It has a simulator included
     with gdb and faults on all accesses from 0x0 to 0x87ffffff
     which is handy when tracking down issues. :)
+ The test testsuite/link01 will attempt to initialize the stack
     and begin to configure the IP address of the lo0 interface.
     socket() works, ioctl() works, close() ends like this:

IPsec: Initialized Security Association Processing.
devctl: !system=IFNET subsystem=enc0 type=ATTACH
devctl: !system=IFNET subsystem=lo0 type=ATTACH
Initializing interfaces
mips-core: 4 byte write to unmapped address 0x0 at 0x880713c8

Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
0x880713c8 in zone_free_item (zone=zone at entry=0x88130490,
item=item at entry=0x88191480,
     udata=udata at entry=0x0, skip=skip at entry=SKIP_DTOR, flags=flags at entry=2)
     at freebsd/vm/uma_core.c:2803
2803            LIST_REMOVE(slab, us_link);
(gdb)

As best Jennifer and I can tell, we never see the item added to
the list it is being removed from.

Any help debugging this or insight into the uma code is
appreciated.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985