rtems-libbsd Nice Status Update

Fri Jul 20 19:37:35 UTC 2012

Hi

Jennifer and I had a nice breakthrough today!
I realized overnight that the issue was likely what
we were doing to mimic page allocation. In FreeBSD
pages are always PAGE_SIZE aligned and obtaining
the base address of a page from an address within
it is trivial. We provided a mechanism to allocate
a page and to locate the base address of a page
independent of how it was aligned. With this in place,
we can now

!!!completely initialize the loopback interface on IPV4!!!!!

This means we have done socket(), ioctl() and close()
on AF_INET sockets. :)

Here are the next steps in the debug process:

+ port samples/loopback test to new stack and verify
     socket read/write works.
+ bring over structure based configuration from old
     stack and use some of that information directly
     to program interfaces and routes. Other information
     may eventually get written to files. But for now,
     we will just be doing minimal updates to the old
     code to work with new stack.
+ program IP/mask/route for fxp0. :)
+ ping target on qemu
+ turn on IPV6

This is major progress and we desperately would like
help.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985