Which IDE you guys use to develop and debug RTEMS

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Sun Jul 15 17:48:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 15/07/12 17:18, SAeeD wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I want to start debugging RTEMS in order to port it to meet my specific
> requirements.
> So far, I have just compiled and built RTEMS using command line. But from
> now on, I want to trace execution of the OS and maybe place some
> breakpoints, step execution of the source (in C not in Assembly), and edit
> some lines of operating system's code.
> I wanted to know which IDE and debugger you guys use in such circumstances.
> Please note that I want to run RTEMS on a board similar to SMDK2410 and I
> have JTAG debugger for the board.

if you want to do a real-time trace on your board, then the Lauterbach
PowerTrace II may be useful
(http://www.lauterbach.com/frames.html?powertrace2.html).

A low cost solution for JTAG debuggers which offer a GDB server
interface is to use Eclipse with the CDT plug-in
(http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/RTEMS_Eclipse_Plug-in).

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de