Fwd: GCC 4.4.7 Released

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Mar 14 12:31:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

the subject says all.

Some of you might have forgotten, gcc-4.4.x is the GCC series the
RTEMS-4.10 toolchains are based on.

Provided gcc-4.4.7 is supposed to be a bugfix release with only minor
impact, I plan to upgrade the rtems4.10 toolchains to this gcc-release
in next future.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
* With this release, upstream GCC has closed its gcc-4_4-branch *

=> There will not be any future upstream bugfixes, anymore.

I.e. should RTEMS users encounter serious problems, the only resorts to
such problems would be to fix them "by ourselves" or to upgrade to a
newer GCC-release.

Honestly speaking, I do not plan either but consider the RTEMS-4.10
toolchains to be entering a phase of "deep freeze"/"keep alive"/"don't
touch" maintainance.

Ralf