Continuous Integration - rtbf64c

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Fri May 4 06:26:58 UTC 2012

On 05/04/2012 08:14 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 4/05/12 3:35 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> On 05/04/2012 04:40 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
>>
>>> The RTEMS server, rtbf64c, purchased to perform this task,
>> The server was purchased to supply sufficient performance to the
>> services provided by rtems.org.
>>
>> At the time of the purchase, this was building and testing the
>> toolchains and was not buildbot.
>>

> That was not my understanding.

At the time this machine was purchased, buildbot wasn't even a topic in
RTEMS.

Them, rtbf64c was the machine I used to build the tools, while you ran
your build script on it.

>>> will be taken
>>> off line in 48 hours time and reconfigured to support the continuous
>>> integration effort. If you have access to the machine and have anything
>>> you wish to keep please move it to another machine.
>> What does this mean technically?
>>
>> Does this mean you are going to install a different OS?
>>

> Yes.
Please understand that I consider this to be utterly rude of you and as
a personal attack against me.

>>> Any testing or tool building tasks that are not critical should look to
>>> using the other hardware we have available.
>> If this is what I think it is, this will be the end of the RTEMS
>> toolchain binaries.
>
> Why ?
This is the only machine with decent enough power.

> There are other machines.
And why don't you install buildbot there?

> Why are building the binary tools
> packages so dependent on that specific machine ?
And why can't you install buildbot on Fedora?

Fedora supplies the tools I am using to build the toolchains. All other
OSes are either too outdated, or do not supply the tools.

Ralf