Continuous Integration - rtbf64c

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri May 4 06:14:11 UTC 2012

On 4/05/12 3:35 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 05/04/2012 04:40 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
>
>> The RTEMS server, rtbf64c, purchased to perform this task,
> The server was purchased to supply sufficient performance to the
> services provided by rtems.org.
>
> At the time of the purchase, this was building and testing the
> toolchains and was not buildbot.

That was not my understanding. It has been used for that purpose because
we do not have any continuous integration infrastructure ready to use
it. There is a need for continuous integration and it places a high
demand on resources. Tool are just one part of the project, not the sole
focus. If a tools build takes a little longer to complete that is not a
huge issue. Patches need to be checked in a timely manner.

>> will be taken
>> off line in 48 hours time and reconfigured to support the continuous
>> integration effort. If you have access to the machine and have anything
>> you wish to keep please move it to another machine.
> What does this mean technically?
>
> Does this mean you are going to install a different OS?

Yes.

>> Any testing or tool building tasks that are not critical should look to
>> using the other hardware we have available.
> If this is what I think it is, this will be the end of the RTEMS
> toolchain binaries.

Why ? There are other machines. Why are building the binary tools
packages so dependent on that specific machine ?