[rtems commit] psxtmtests - Eliminate missing prototype warnings

Mon May 14 13:50:07 UTC 2012

On 05/13/2012 04:04 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Why didn't you make the init functions static?

Just didn't. They have always been global.

Also I wasn't making value judgements on the code.
I was just providing prototypes.

FWIW While about 75% through the testsuites, I had the insight
that this is actually a warning of questionable quality. Each
of the ones I fixed was a case where the method
was defined above the point of its use in the code.
This warning was turned on without discussion and without
any commitment to address warnings it generated.

Some warnings do point out questionable code. This
one just seems to be uselessly pedantic and addressing
the things it points out does nothing IMO to improve
code quality. It just means we can compile with one
more warning enabled.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985