ANN: Upgrade rtems-4.11-autoconf to autoconf-2.69

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed May 23 16:11:06 UTC 2012

On 05/23/2012 05:59 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> how come when i do bootstrap -c I do not have a "clean" checkout?
>
> ./bootstrap -c
> removing automake generated Makefile.in files
> removing configure files
> removing aclocal.m4 files
>
> git status
> # On branch master
> #
> # Changed but not updated:
> #   (use "git add/rm<file>..." to update what will be committed)
> #   (use "git checkout --<file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
> #
> #	deleted:    config.guess
> #	deleted:    config.sub
> #	deleted:    install-sh
> #	deleted:    missing
> #
There are two perspectives on this:

1. We always want them to be sync'ed with the versions in automake.

=> ./bootstrap (actually automake) needs to update them.
Afterwards, they must match with the versions in git.

This is what is currently implemented.

2. We want to maintain them manually.
=>  bootstrap -c must not remove them and ./bootstrap must not re-add or
update them.

Ralf