The need for tow-level page tables and small pages

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Apr 10 11:00:46 UTC 2013

Hesham Moustafa wrote:

> I read some docs that relate to dynamic linker/loader implemented by
> Chris and I think this project may need some sort of dynamic
> page-level allocation combined with protection attributes. That's for
> example.

The linker/loader performs fix ups at the address provided by the
allocator therefore the standard libc malloc can be used. The loader
provides hooks to allow a custom allocator and that allocator could
implement some form of protection for executable and/or read only
sections of memory. The linker/loader does not care how this is
implemented. I hope this clarifies what the loader requires.