The need for tow-level page tables and small pages

Hesham Moustafa heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 08:01:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

Last year I worked on MMU project at GSoC and implemented tow-level
page tables but that solution was refused as tow-level solution is not
suitable for RTEMS as being RTOS and due to its complexity. So, I kept
one-level (1Mb sections for ARM) and discarded tow-level code.

I am inquiring now again whether there is a need to have tow-level
small pages and dynamically allocated ones or not ?

I read some docs that relate to dynamic linker/loader implemented by
Chris and I think this project may need some sort of dynamic
page-level allocation combined with protection attributes. That's for
example. Also linkcmds define regions for variant BSPs that may be
relatively small and requires HW protection level.

Regards,
-- Hesham