Patches to detect newlib changes

Tue Dec 10 02:00:39 UTC 2013

Hi

Jennifer and I have a series of changes pending to RTEMS
that add cpuset tests, pthread affinity APIs and Classic API
affinity APIs. These depend on the presence of certain
prototypes and data types in newlib.

In an attempt to keep things building with old tools, I
have attached a set of patches that I think can be used
to detect enough of the changes to let git bisect
continue to work across the tool changes.

For sure, our (unmerged) code will have to use the proper
conditionals to prevent itself from being compiled.

The one I don't know about it Sebastian's re-implementation
of pthread cleanup push/pop. I don't know how to detect that
change.

How do these patches look? And any suggestions?

The changes to newlib are on the cvs head -- pthread.h and
cpuset.h primarily.